Alebra’s ChannelStream appliance is an all-in-one channel-attached data movement node, combining the speed of FICON and the power of Parallel Data Mover into one hardware package.
ChannelStream provides a FICON channel-attached gateway between IBM Z and the rest of your enterprise, on premises or in the cloud. Stream data at maximum speed between IBM Z and…
- Storage Area Networks
- Network-Attached Storage
- Down-stream PDM nodes, attached to ChannelStream via high-speed TCP
- Applications running on Linux, Unix, or Windows servers; on-prem or off-site.
- Object Storage services including Amazon S3, Google Storage, and Hadoop FS.
ChannelStream provides many of the same benefits as z/OpenGate, without the need for additional Fibre-attached hardware:
- Moving data via TCP consumes a relatively large share of CPU time on the IBM Z host. ChannelStream allows Parallel Data Mover to avoid the TCP stack and move data via the more efficient FICON protocol, providing a drastic reduction in processing overhead compared to moving data via TCP.
- A single ChannelStream provides a dedicated, channel-attached data movement path between IBM Z and LUW systems. Unlike with TCP, this bandwidth is not subject to congestion of the mainframe host’s network interface.
- Moving data via FICON keeps your IBM Z network interface free for other critical processes.
- Alebra provides 24/7 onsite support for ChannelStream hardware